Sunday, June 19, 2016

Time waits for no man

Hi all,  back again from my vacation in USA and I had a great time, meeting friends and seeing so many beautiful things. I did miss my craftroom a bit tho,  life has been a bit busy last week an a half since I've been back, plus a nice jet lag to deal with the first few days. I did want to enter Andy Skinners Time challenge so started yesterday evening on a last minute project. It was kind of a struggle cuz things never work the way you imagined them, but made it on time :-)

Ok here the products used, all Deco Art ofcourse, I love there paints and mediums :-)

Americana Matte Varnish, Americana Acrylic paint in Lamp Black and True Red. Americana Decou-page matte, Deco Art Media Carckle paste, Deco Art Media Texture Sand and Gesso, Deco Art Media fluid acrylics in Quinacridone Gold (love the paint, hate the name, breaks my tongue lol), Cobalt Teal Hue, Carbon Blac, Burnt Umber.  Deco Art Media antiguing cream in carbon black.  Americana Weathered Wood.

I found the hourglass last Friday in a shop called Hema  (Dutch shop that sometimes has real cool stuff) it was on sale for 1 euro :-)   but ofcourse brand new and shiny. Fixed that..., using a mix of Decoupage and burnt umber acrrylic fluid and a bit water, used soe quin gold for accents, I think it turned out great, was an experiment LOL, any way it started out like this
and now I altered it into this ;-)

The skulls are palstic beads and I put them on the sticks (the ones you use for plants in the garden if they need support no idea what they are called) and gessoed them and rusted them.

The circle parts they are attached too are made of a cardboard box, just cut out a circle shape and some cardstock circles to do the painting and stamping on the cover the cardboard

They are duble sided ofcourse because both sides are visable and because you have to turn the hourglass, the bottom part needs to be the same as the top :-)

I used weathered wood and crarckle paste to get the aged effect . the All Seeing Eye (my fave stamp of the Curiosity set) was stamped using Archival jet black ink , the other side is a clear stamp of a clock, no idea what brand it is.

The glueing everything togehter was a bit hard but it worked :-)  I like the result anyway.

I will enter this in the following challenges: I went LOC


  1. Wow, just WOW! Love all of the texture you have created, and the aging! Wonderful project!! Thank you for sharing with us at LOC!

  2. Such a great make. Thankyou so much for sharing with us at LOC. Good Luck..Genny DTxxx