Followers

Saturday, May 19, 2012

the mask of the red death/ hot as hell in here

Because I haven't had the time to play at Quoth the Raven and Haunted Design House for a while, I did want to play this time to save time I cheated a bit and combined the challenges so her is my project for "The Mask of the Red Death" and for HDH 133 "Hot as Hell in here"

Tadaa here it is a shadow box




This used to be a cigar box but for Quoth the Raven I turned it into the the red and black room with the ebony clock. Inside the box there is a masked man who takes of his mask and it turn out to be Death himself. There is also a pic of mr. Poe, half human half skull. And then ofcourse all the guests who died in the red/black room they are the dancing skeletons, they dance around the fire. Inside the clock the is a the Plague as Death digi.

For HDH 133: this could be what hell looks like, dancing skeletons around a fire (which is a battery operated candle) in a dark place with scary images all around, and I think it turned out to be a Hot project LOL.

All the digi's are Smeared Ink , the dancing skellies are from Stampinback and the skull border is "Lost Coat Designs". the clock is Tim Holtz Die


I will enter the following challenges:
http://www.tando-creative-challenges.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/wednesday-16th-may-2012.html - alter it

http://jacksonsdigitalexpressions.blogspot.ca/2012/05/altered-art-challenge-anything-goes.html

http://justkeeponcreating.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/challenge-2-at-just-keep-on-creating.html


11 comments:

  1. Monique this is incredible!!! Love and the images you have used and well done you doing double duty LOL
    Thanks for joining us at Haunted Design House and Quoth the Raven :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of details on this - so interesting. The candle is a great idea and I love what you did with Poe. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous - this is just superb. Great use of images and I love the clock. Thank you for joining us at Haunted Design House AND Quoth The Raven :-) xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous project! Very creative and perfect for both challenges. Thanks for joining us for MM at HDH. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi MO,
    I really love your cigar box project!! You have done a Hell of a great job!! (Ha ha pun intended) I love the half human half skull Poe, so cool! I watched this movie. It was pretty cool it had Vincent Price in it. Killer how you used the dancing skeletons to represent the people at the Masquerade Ball all dieing (which they do all die)Gotta love the drippy goo MS punch! Mo, your project has turned out fantastic! Did you do anything to the front/outside of the cigar box? Stay real my friend!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monique, this is a fabulous way to combine the two challenges. I can imagine hell being similar to the way you have depicted it. Love the idea of the candle. Thank you for sharing this with us at Haunted Design House this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful project! I would have never guessed that it started life as a cigar box! Great take on both challenges and perfect for ours. Thanks so much for joining us at Jackson's Digital Expresssions. We hope you become a regular participant in our AA challenges.
    Big Hugz,
    Chana, DT Coordinator
    JDE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Monique this is amazing, I love what you have done with Poe, and that battery candle is perfect for your dancing skellies. You are one Hell of a versatile artist x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Monique this is such a wonderful project.. gorgeous. Thank you for joining in with us at QUOTH THE RAVEN.
    love BDx

    ReplyDelete
  10. this project is unique and way cool, I love it.

    Thanks so much for sharing your creation at Anything goes, Just keep on creating, I hope you will continue to play along. Sorry about the the delay in leaving my comment I have been overseas and then got sick, I will be announcing the winners and will have the next challenge up asap :)

    ReplyDelete