Followers

Friday, July 29, 2016

Show the world your sparkle

This is the first time I worked in my big Dylusions Journal , the size was a bit daunting because I am used to workning in the small journal :-).  So I just started and kept working on it till I liked the result



Deco Art Products used :  Americana Decoupage matte, Americana Acrylics in: Sweet Mint, Electric Pink, Sea Breeze, Baby Pink, Tangerine, Lamp black, Snow white, True Red and Coral Shell. Americana Multi Surface in Lemn Zest. Deco Art Media Matte Varnish. Glass paint marker in black.
The stencil is by Pronty (fasce A4), I also used som home made stencils, made using die cuts from Sizzix

I started with some decoupage papers, tore them apart and glued pieces on the page using the decou page, The decoupage paper had butterflies and some text on it and I wanted it to get more into the background, so I added paint using a sponge and used some stencils, before I used the face stencil 


and then it loolked like this, I liked the crisp black stencilling of the face but I did not like the pattern of the decoupage papers showing through that much. So I used Coral Shel americana acrylic as a skin colour to paint the face. That helped camouflage the butterflies but now it needed some more colour on the eyes and the hair.

I ended up doing a bid of a Warhol look, using bright colors, I used the face stencil again forto get the hair color in the same spot as the black, and next painted the eyeshadow and the lips and the eye it self.
Painting made the black stencilling look a bit messy (it 's kinda hard to paint inside the lines lol)
so when all color was added I used the stencil and black Americana acrylic paint agian to freshen up the outlines of the face.

Then it looked like this

I liked the look of the faces but it needed something more, and I just couldn't think off what to add, because the page allready was pretty busy. I  added a layer of matte varnish so the painting would be protected

In my journals I like to use quotes, but I just couldn't find one that seemed suitable for this page. Meanwhile the journal was lying in my craftroom and I started some other projects, because I was just stuck.

Then I found the quotes/words I wanted to use and handwrote it on the page, I used a white glass marker (those are supposed to be used on glass, duh!!...but they work great on acrylic paint as well)

Anyway it just did not look good, it looked messy and the idea to write the word sparkle in glitter glue turned out horrible.



So back to the drawing board lol, how to fix this???

The fix was easy, I used got some designer paper and cut it into strips that were just big enough to cover my handwriting and used alphabet stamps and some handwriting (this time all in black ink to get some unity) and I just left the pink handwriting at the bottom of the page as it was.

This is the end result and I am quite happy with it :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment