Followers

Friday, May 1, 2015

A finnabair inspired canvas for the RSD progressive challenge

Time for a new challenge at the Rick St.dennis Sparkle and Glitter blog, it's anything goes as long as you use a Rick St.dennis image


I made a Finnabair inspired canvas using Alice with Teacup, a rubber stamp from I Brake for Stamps, designed by Rick.


Deco Art products used:
Acrylic Gesso, Modeling Paste.
Stencils: Flower Market and  Distressed Harlequin
Media Misters, Orange, Primary Yellow, and Shimmer misters in Yellow, turquoise and Violet.
Metallic Lustres in Orange Flicker, Cosmic Blue, Elegant Emerald, Majestic Purple, Radiant Red,Brilliant Turquoise.

This was eal fun to mae and much easie than you should think, it is just collecting all kinds of fowers and other things you want to use. I wanted an Alice in Wonderland theme so I went for a toy porcelein tea pot and cups, an old necklace, small playing cards, a bottle, a key and some Tim Holz dies and a wooden frame.

Glue everything on the canvas and use gesso to paint it all white and give it a base to use the misters on. I used stencils and modeling paste to add some texture and when all was dry I started misting.
Added a bit metallic Lustre and voila, a Finnabair inspired canvas.

The Alice stamp inside the frame is coloured using Derwent Inktense pencils, the back ground is distress ink.








3 comments:

  1. Agin you amaze me.....i love this.....its a beautiful project and i love the topper of Alice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome project!! It a style I'd like to learn. so unique Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing colors and texture, Mo and you know I'm a sucker for anything Alice. Love, love, LOVE the details of this piece. xxD

    ReplyDelete