I started stamping in april 2011, I only had some clear stamps and started making atc's, before that I had made some Christmas and Halloween cards using a stamp every now and then but really was a scrapbooker.
When I started making ATC's I learned different techniques and enjoyed working with inks and embossing powder.
I found out that rubber gave much better impressions than the clear stamps did and from that moment on I was addicted to rubber.
Then I joined Smeared Ink Design Team in August 2011 and that was the first time for me to get to work with digital stamps. That was something I had to get used to, cause as much as I enjoyed using digi's you just can't do the same techniques you can do using rubber.
Learning allong the way, I found out you can do a LOT using digi's and the best part of digital images is that you can print them in any size you want, when using rubber your are just stuck to the size of the stamp.
So I used digi and rubber together, and that worked fine. I did some GDT's for the Stempelwinkel(only rubber, no digi allowed), started to make tags and joined Dragons Dream dt of course using rubber mostly for that. If I would have to make a choice between using rubber or digi then, I would have chosen for the rubber.
Then I became a member of the Rick St. Dennis EDT in September 2012. And things started to change, I started to use digi's more and more.
I still used my rubber or clear stamps to create backgrounds but colouring a digital image became much more important. And I needed lots of practise too, cause my colouring skills deffo didn't get me in the team......
Luckely for me Rick gave me some colouring advice, telling what could be better in a nice way (thanks for doing that Boss,it really helped a lot), looking back to my colouring a year ago and my colouring now, there is a big difference, I have learned a lot. Still some learning to do though.....
Anyway long story short, the "real" stamps became much more of a back ground thing, cause, colouring being my new addiction and loving to work with Rick's images....I even found out that if I had to make a choice between rubber and RSD digi's, the digi's would win.....
But now some RSD images are also available in rubber ( the ones I used are from I Brake for Stamps), and that is the perfect combination...........at least that's what I think............
Cause you can do both with these images, get them coloured or just go crazy ink wise........today I did both.....and had lots of fun
first the just coloured stamp, stamped with black archival ink on cardstock
and then the inky experiment:
I used distress inks (peacock blue and raspberry pink) a mini mister and a walnut stain re inker on a craft mat. Put the inks and water on the mat and swipe the card through the ink. Dry using heattool, Iron to make flat, put some more ink on with blending tool.
And then stamped the images using versamark. Add black embossing powder, used heattool to melt it, and then used aquamarkers to get some parts of the image coloured. You still can see the inky bckground in the parts of the images that weren't coloured with the markers
It was kind of an experiment and although the colours are odd cause of the inky background I really do like the result. See pics below
sorry for the long story, but hey, it's my blog so I can make a long story if I want to LOL
for those of you who want to see the difference in colouring here 2 pics
and july 2013
I will enter the Alice eat me drink me card here