Followers

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Some cards.......

Here some cards I made, I used Rick St. Dennis MFA digital stamps on all of them. You can find them here.

These images Rick made are  inspired by the work of Dutch artist Anton Pieck ,

 
I will enter this card in the following challenge:
 
 

 

 
I will enter this one in the following challenge:
 
 
And on the last card my fav of these four images, AP style Lady with twins 
 I wanted to give  this one an Efteling feel.
 
Visiting the Efteling feels like traveling back in time to me, that's why I wanted to give the card a vintage look, and make the image look like it was an old tile, with cracks in it.
I used some  darker colours to colour the image and then covered it with a thick layer clear embossing powder (you have to to that layer for layer use 2 or 3 layers for this).
When the embossing powder is melted and it is thick enough you put it in the freezer  for at least 5 minutes, the cold makes the embossing powder easy to crack. Don't worry you can't mess up this one, if you don't like the cracks you made just heat again an the cracks will melt away.
You may have to put the image in the freezer multiple times cause  when the embossing gets warm again it wil bend and don't crack. when you are happy with the result take an ink pad (I used distress ink walnut stain) and rub it over the image, wipe away with a cloth and make sure the ink gets in the cracks. Done.
 

 
I will enter this card in the following challenges:

7 comments:

  1. very fun with happy colours, great job! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been very creative, wonderful bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I love your interpretation of our challenge this week Monique. This is awesome, and thank you for explaining this technique, this is fabulous. Thank you for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu as well :)S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your versions of these images are so engaging and wonderful-Thanks for leading me to the work of Anton Pieck and the magic of the Eftling-it's wonderful to have you on my EDT

    ReplyDelete
  5. A plethora of cards, you have been very busy, very inspirational. Thanks for playing along with us at the Squirrel and the Fox, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and perfect for our vintage challenge over at Eclectic Ellapu this week. Love the effect achieved by your method
    Elaine aka Ellapu

    ReplyDelete
  7. What super cards, I really cannot make up my mind which I like the most.
    Thank you for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete