Followers

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

31 days day 10

Welcome to day 10 of Smeared and Smudged 31 days of Halloween, I got another 2 projects for you, first is an altered wine bottle, I liked the shape of the bottle and it just asked to be altered, I used Skull with roses which is a digi by Rick St. Dennis who is sponsoring the 31 days everyday.

 
 
and the other one is a card. I just wanted to show you this so you can see that digi's and rubber do work very well together, at least I think they do. For the card I coloured the digi and fuzzycutted (I did cut of some of the swirls, sorry Rick, but my fuzzycutting is not that good LOL).
The trees and the graveyard are rubber, i used black ink to stamp them and then used a circle punch to cut out a circle to use as a mask to make the moon. The background is made using distress Inks and a make up sponges, just mix the colours you like to create the sky. Then I inked the edges of the digi with black ink and glued it on the moon. Added a bit walnut stain distress over the image so it would fit more in the background and voila.
 


Hope you like my entries for today and will see you again tomorrow for day 11.

The rules are here and the blogroll is in the side bar


I will enter the card in the following challenges:
http://smudgerchallenge.blogspot.gr/2012/10/smudger-challenge-7-anything-halloween.html

http://thatcraftplaceblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/make-your-own-background-challenge.html

http://dutchdare-cardchallenges.blogspot.ca/2012/10/186-photo-inspiration-kellyschelske-ctmh.html

I will enter the bottle in the following challenge
http://forevernightchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ challenge 48




19 comments:

  1. Both of your projects just totally rock, so fab coloring skills too!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! The bottle is awesome – but the card just took my breath away! I love how you combined both digi and rubber! The background just ROCKS - and I love that you did it with distress markers - what type of card stock or paper is it on? The color is just wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Halloween, Mo! Your projects keep getting better and better! You are on fire, girl! I love how you have used the same image, but in 2 totally different ways. Thank you for showing how well digi and rubber can play together. Your coloring is beyond fabulous! I love your altered bottle and your card takes my breath away with its dark beauty! BTW...don't go killing yourself. These could have been two separate posts. I don't want you to burn out before the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool wine bottle and that image rocks and so is your moon background! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh both of these are fabulous. The wine bottle tag really rocks and I adore your background on the 2nd one :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great skull image and I totally love the gorgeous background of the second card. Very nicely executed. Thank you for sharing your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. two beautiful projects...love that RSD skull and flowers image...the coloring and layouts are fabulous (as always)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous bottle! Lovin' the graveyard scene too. Fab sky and the skullie is such a cool digi! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  9. These projects just look so fresh and the colours just glow-well done-Thanks for being an important part of my EDT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two beautiful projects showing such a different use of the same stamp. I wasn't going to be quite as solicitous as Lady B - I was going to suggest you just send some of your overflow of projects my way - I could use the help. Your bottle is an amazing shape - going to buy my liquor with that in mind from now on! And thanks for saying how to do the lovely sky!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool bottle!! Fabulous coloring of the card!! LOVE the skull in both projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow love both of these fantastic work
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Monique, this are so beautiful!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! That frame on the altered bottle is so cool and I love the look of your card, those colors are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your coloring is amazing!!! Your scene is fabulous and I LOVE the coloring of the skull on the bottle! Beautiful work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful projects...thank you for entering the Halloween Challenge on Smudger Challenge Blog~wendy, DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow got to love those images from Rick. Gorgeous card and project. Really looooove the color for the card.

    Thanks for joining us as Dutch Dare Card Challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning!!!! Need I say more , there isn't a thing wrong with this. Love ,love love the colors you used .
    Thank you joining in the challenge at Dutch Dare.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete