Followers

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Annabel Lee

FOR BLOODY VALENTINE DAY 3 SCROLL 1 POST DOWN

I made this card for the Annabel Lee Challenge at Quoth the Raven.


The poem insired me to make this

You can find the poem here

This is the angel that killed Annabel Lee, and she regrets killing a deep love beteen two happy people. She holds a feather of the raven in her hand. (I know there is no raven in the poem, but I thought it looked good in the pic.)
I tried to make the background look like the kingdom by the sea, and tried to make the chilling clouds, that killed Annabel Lee. Let me know what you think...

6 comments:

  1. Wow! A truly amazing piece! Such strong imagery! Beautifully crafted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome card. I used that same stamp on a christmas card of mine. great entry to that challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH WOW Monique this is so haunting...... I love it!.... so beautifully done :)
    Thanks for sharing with us at Quoth the Raven :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABULOUS - it definitely tells the story Monique. Lovely piece. Thank you for joining us at Quoth The Raven xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic surrealism with the mix of raven and angel, the clouds are truly perfect. heidi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Monique..i love the muted colours.
    Thanks for sharing with us at QTR. love BDx

    ReplyDelete